Don't let your Crohn's win. Beat the Crohn's.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mental Health

It's been awhile since I last posted, but I've been fairly swamped.
This post comes from the fact that I am on a mental health weekend. Instead of doing tons of studying and working on everything I should be doing, I went home and had lots of fun with my family. My aunt came home from North Dakota and we've all been having a blast.
We go through a lot of crap (yes... pun intended), so sometimes you need to just sit back and relax. As much as I really thought I should just spend the weekend studying, I knew that without a break, I would go crazy.
So many of us deal with chronic depression; don't let yourself go too far. Take time when you need it, even if it's small. I've gone too far too many times that I never want to be there again. Find out what relaxes you the most and maybe take a half hour to do that everyday. If you don't feel like you have time during the week, take an hour or so on the weekend to just have time for you. Go somewhere or do something. You can watch a movie anytime, make sure it's something special.
I'll do a different post sometime on a more serious note of mental health. I do actually need to get some studying done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment