Don't let your Crohn's win. Beat the Crohn's.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Fall

Sometimes life really sucks.

It's so difficult to go from the high of completing an awesome goal of running the half-marathon to not even being able to run two miles. This morning I made myself go for a run although I wasn't feeling well because I told myself that I was never going to let myself give up just because of my Crohn's. By 1.5 miles, I was having bloody diarrhea outside, throwing up, and bent in pain.
I've switched to a soft/liquid diet because it hurts so much to go to the bathroom that I'm scared to eat solid foods because I know what's going to happen once it goes through my intestines. Over the last week, the fewest times I've gone poop in a day is 10 times.
School bathrooms suck. It's so awkward having Crohn's issues when there's a person in the stall next to you and two girls gossiping just outside your door. I always laugh a little, wondering what they would think if they knew what was going on just a few feet from them.
Next week is my next study appointment. Honestly, I have no idea what's going to come from it. Obviously I've been getting worse, but I'm supposed to be studying abroad in Jamaica next January - all I really need to do is survive until then. Switching medications could be a huge blessing - or I could get a lot worse. There's also the possibility of just doing a liquid diet until the end of January so I can just push through, but I don't know if the doctor will go for that.

How do you decide when you know that either choice could be really awesome, or lead down an even worse path?

No comments:

Post a Comment